Humble Beginings

July 2, 2012
By

My plans for this site are simply to provide content, advice, and perspective that may not be provided elsewhere. I’m just getting started. Prepping Body, Mind and Spirit.

I personally struggle with the issue of FEAR. When I speak with others about prepping I try to be cautious about instilling fear in them. When I think of the far reaching possibilities of what we may be preparing for I find myself repeating, “Fear Not.” Perhaps the largest obstacle in the prepper community is to do what we do without fear overwhelming us. Thinking further, if we are doing our preparing “in fear” then it could be all wrong. Sure, a little bit of fear can be a strong motivator, but preparing simply for the sake of fear can be a detriment to our overall well-being.

I challenge you to look for those spots in your life that are fear induced or fear motivated. Re-examine them and let go of the fear. Talk to it if you need to. “I refuse to do this out of fear. I choose to do this in wisdom and guidance from the real me.” It may take asking yourself questions like, “why am I really doing this,” or “why do I do the things I do?” Self examination is good. Be real with yourself and perhaps you will find new meaning in what you do. Remember though, you are not what you do but you are who you are. You are not a human do-ing, you are a human be-ing. So Be!

Fear not!

May the Source be with You!

BroJim

Comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

6 Responses to Humble Beginings

1. Davina on July 30, 2012 at 3:01 pm

thank you sir for providing us such a great knowledge and sharing of great piece of life living with us.

2. Claire on August 1, 2012 at 2:49 pm

thanks for the info, appreciated it. it was so well formatted.

• Warren on October 31, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I really stretad to prepare after taking CERT training. Before we retired we moved fairly often and moving food storage would have been a problem. Our Church has always told us to prepare and I kept some storage but not a years supply. Now I’m not only prepared as far as food storage but most other needs could be met. A preplanned location etc. I’m thankful for websites like yours to help me continue to think about other needs and preparing for what may and will come.

3. Belmira on August 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm

thanks for the nice post.

4. Bernardete on August 1, 2012 at 5:43 pm

i like this subject and it will help me a lot with my homework. thanks for helping.

5. Montoya on October 31, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Take your average US cietzin. Of the five needs, they provide their own water (bottled; even the tap is something I pay for). They get their own food, and their own shelter. They buy their own energy. But security, for most, is something that is provided for them. Yes, they pay taxes to have police and fire and a 911 system. But that’s the extent of what they do to ensure their personal security.It’s the only need most people don’t have to provide for themselves and most never have a personal need for.Current score: 0